Never Be an “Always”
Lately, there comes a point in life when I realize that being a good person and being liked by everyone are two completely different things. For a long time, I believed that good intentions would naturally lead to good outcomes. If I was kind enough, honest enough, and considerate enough, people would understand and respect me as well. But life has a way of proving otherwise.
No matter how carefully I choose my words or how sincerely I act, somehow — someday — I will become the villain in someone else’s story. It has never been my intention to hurt anyone. It’s simply because I can’t always be the person everyone expects me to be.
Sometimes I disappoint people simply by saying “no. Sometimes I become distant because I finally choose myself. Sometimes I’m misunderstood because people only witness a single chapter of my life and mistake it for the whole book.
The hardest lesson is accepting that I have no control over the stories other people tell about me. I can explain myself, apologize when I’m wrong, and learn from my mistakes, but I can’t rewrite someone else’s memories or expectations.
I’ve come to realize that there is no such thing as “always”.
Always available.
Always understanding.
Always reliable.
Always pleasing.
Always enough.
“Always” is a dangerous word. It quietly asks us to abandon our boundaries in exchange for approval. The more we chase it, the more we lose ourselves trying to become everyone’s version of a good person.

Source: Pinterest
Perhaps the goal was never to be an “always”. Perhaps the goal is simply to be honest. To be kind without pretending. To set boundaries without guilt. To apologize when we are wrong. And to accept that even then, not everyone will understand.
We can’t win everyone. Sometimes we’ll still be the villain in someone else’s story. If that’s what it is, then so be it. What matters is knowing that our intentions were sincere, our actions were thoughtful, and our conscience remains clear. Because in the end, we were never meant to be an “always”. We were only meant to be human.
Komentar
Posting Komentar